Thursday, March 17, 2011

Carbs, Carbs Everywhere, and Not a Bite to Eat

So we are on the road in Council Bluffs, Iowa.  The Fairfield Inn where we are staying offers a "free" breakfast, and I went down to see if there was anything I could eat.  Almost nothing.  There was a small container of cream cheese I could eat, but no hard boiled eggs, no breakfast sandwiches (from which I could steal the insides), no nothing.  Carbs as far as they eye can see.  Waffles and syrup, bagels, muffins, pastries, jams, fruity yogurt, and skim milk.  All made with so much processed and refined carbs that they barely deserve to be called "food."

So I went out exploring, when I noticed a Hardee's across the street.  I remember reading that they sold a "Low Carb Bowl," so I went to check it out.  Not bad, actually.  It contains egg, cheese, and meat, so I bought two, one for me and one for that Nice Girl I Married.  While I wouldn't actively seek out the low carb bowl, it is nice to know it is there, in case of traveling.  I miss traveling with our travel trailer, as we can cook appropriate food when we need it.  But if I stay in a hotel again, I will try to find the nearest Hardee's.  At least in states that have Hardee's restaurants (no such luck in Utah).

No comments:

Post a Comment