Thursday, March 31, 2011

Essential Low Carb Books

First and foremost, you should run, not walk, to your nearest book store and purchase Why We Get Fat And What to do About It by Gary Taubes.  This book includes a description of a low carb diet in the appendix, but it is not really a "diet" book.  The title is pretty accurate: it describes why we get fat and what we can do about it.

For a great low carb cookbook, try The Low Carb Comfort Food Cookbook by Mary Dan and Michael R. Eades and Ursula Solom.  Or try 1001 Low Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender.

A good description of a low carb diet, without all the theory you will get from Gary Taubes, is The 30 Day Low Carb Diet Solution by Michael R. Eades and Mary Dan Eades.  This book includes a 30-day meal plan, plus a bunch of low carb recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Do you use the Low Carb Comfort Food Cookbook? Could I get a few recipes that you've liked? I'd like to try a few before I purchase the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the 1001 Low Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender and it is pretty good. I have many of the recipes from the Low Carb Comfort Cookbook in another book by the same authors, and am gradually trying them. I have learned a lot from reading the cookbooks, about how to cook low carb and spice things up. For example, I learned a really good way to make omelets.

    ReplyDelete