Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stopping the Injections

Today I have stopped injecting insulin.  I have been dropping two units a day, from a high of 26 units of a long acting insulin called Lantos, to six units yesterday.  My blood sugar has been steadily dropping on my carnivore diet and I have been closely monitoring the change.  I will continue to monitor it closely and see what happens.  I am still on Janumet, a combination of Januvia and Metformin, 1,000 mg twice a day.  If the blood sugars stay down, my next task will be weaning myself off of the Janumet.  Which I have every reason to expect they will.  Wow, will that save me a lot of money!  It costs about $65 per month for the Janumet and about $75 per month for the Lantos.  That much savings will easily pay for all the extra protein I am consuming.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so great! I like the new layout a lot better, by the way. It's not so hard on the eyes. Also, have you heard about the Fat Head movie? I haven't watchted it, but it looks like it is going in the same vein that you're talking about, with a low carb diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't seen it. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete