Monday, May 2, 2011

10% Goal Reached

I dropped 3.4 pounds this past week, bringing my total weight loss to 30 pounds in 11 weeks, for an average of 2.73 pounds per week.  Follow my weight loss progress online with this chart.

This weight loss also marks a fairly significant milestone for me.  As of today, I have dropped 10% of my body weight.  When I was following Weight Watchers, that was a big deal.  And it is a milestone, a road mark on my way to better health.  But the health benefits WW claimed would be mine by losing 10% of my body fat started appearing long ago, almost immediately after starting the low carb regime.  My blood sugars stabilized after only three or four days and have been rapidly declining since.  I got off of injectable insulin after only a couple of weeks and my blood pressure went down quite rapidly as well.  Better yet, my energy level has increased, constant hunger has disappeared, and I have been sleeping much better.  So while dropping 10% is significant, the health benefits of following a low carb diet happened almost immediately.

I am very grateful that Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit.com linked to an article about weight loss by Gary Taubes, which led me to pick up his book, Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It.  That book has very literally saved my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment