Monday, July 11, 2011

Low Carbing on the Road

So we have been living out of our travel trailer for the past two weeks, and it has been very easy to follow the low carb lifestyle. My wife and I eat eggs with bacon and cheese for breakfast; cold, baked chicken or other leftovers for lunch; and a meat and veggie dish for dinner.

We have a Camp Chef Pro 60 stove, a griddle, a grill box, and several Lodge Dutch ovens, including a 12-inch deep, a 14-inch, and a 14-inch deep.  Note, we paid considerably less than the list prices at the above links by shopping at an outdoor sports superstore, such as Sportsman's Warehouse. We had a family reunion and cooked ribs and a Sunday roast in the Dutch ovens; hamburgers and steak with the grill box; and bacon and eggs on the griddle.

It has been considerably easier to eat when we can cook on our own. We hardly ate out at all on this trip. I haven't weighed myself since the end of June, so I will be curious to see what I weigh when we return on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment