Monday, March 7, 2011

The Joy of Fat

Being fat is a drag, but EATING fat has added flavor back to my life.  For the longest time now, I have been trimming fat off of meat, choosing low fat options like salad dressing (yuck!), avoiding eggs, shunning butter, and skinning chicken before I ate it.  But let me say for the record that fat is delicious!  Creamy bacon ranch dressing is wonderful, tuna packed in oil is sooooo much better than tuna packed in water, butter makes the world go around, and bacon...  well, 'nuff said.  What have I been missing out on all these years?  I have rediscovered taste since giving up on Weight Watchers and embracing my inner carnivore.  Plus I have learned that low-fat options take out the heart healthy fat and make up the difference in carbohydrates, which are cardiac killers.

For those of you who are still skeptical, but don't want to read the book Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes, try this shorter, online article by the same author.  It is called, What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment