Monday, March 21, 2011

Weight Loss, Insulin Update

I am not sure what happened last week, but I have lost another 3.6 pounds this week, for a five week total of 16 pounds, or 3.2 pounds per week on average.  Here is a chart of my weight loss progress.

Also, I stopped taking insulin a while back, and my blood sugars are very good, with the slight exception of the fasting blood sugar first thing in the morning.  Recently, that has been in the 120-125 range, and it should be below 110 for a diabetic and about 90 for a non-diabetic.  I am not sure why that is high, as I am hardly eating any carbs at all, usually fewer than 20 grams of carbs per day, and most of those in the form of green or leafy vegetables.  My blood sugars one hour after a meal are almost always lower than 120 and two hours after are usually between 100 and 110.  They should be below 140 one hour after and below 120 two hours after a meal, so I am in good shape here.

I will be reducing my dosage of Janumet this week, from two pills a day (morning and evening) to one pill per day (just in the morning) and I will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment