Friday, April 29, 2011

Another Great Diabetes Blog

I found another blog by Jenny Ruhl, the woman who does the Blood Sugar 101 site and the book, Blood Sugar 101, which I recently reviewed.  It is the Diabetes Update blog.  She surveys and reads the latest in diabetes research from the pertinent medical journals and reports on her findings.  I found some interesting things on her site.  For example, those who drink diet sodas have an increased risk of stroke.  Some speculate it is the phosphoric acids in brown colored soft drinks that is the culprit (alas, my two vices are diet A&W and caffeine free Diet Coke).  I am drinking a lot less diet soda nowadays, but I am still drinking it.  I guess I'd better switch to Sprite Zero until I can kick the habit completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment