Friday, April 1, 2011

I Did It

I did it.  I bought a deer rifle (a Savage .308, in case you wanted to know).  I have all summer to practice shooting, then in the fall, I will be going hunting with some ward members who will show me the ropes.  I am pretty excited about this and hope I am successful.  Though since I live in a sparsely populated state, almost everyone who goes hunting gets at least one deer.  Now I can join in with my other brothers who have been hunting for decades, while at the same time celebrating my inner carnivore.  And, as an added bonus, by the time I go hunting in October or November, I will have lost most of my excess weight, so the experience will be even better.

Note: my deer rifle is the second gun in my house.  That Nice Girl I Married bought a Smith and Wesson 9 mm handgun last summer and we have both had fun shooting it.

1 comment:

  1. Actually Dad did not want to be out done by his wife so he bought a bigger gun. Mine is a 9 mm Smith and Wesson.

    ReplyDelete