Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Intermittent Fasting

My daughter who is visiting with us this extended weekend commented on my post in which I mentioned intermittent fasting.  She basically told me, "That's the way I eat."  I've observed her during this visit and she is correct.  She goes long hours between meals.  She ate dinner last night (we finished about 7:00 p.m.) and didn't eat again until about 2:00 p.m. today, some 19 hours later.  She has also been a big fan of bacon and cheese, and she is naturally slender.

My experience fasting this past Sunday was very instructive.  It was not the tortured ordeal I remember fasting to be and I was quite enthusiastic after the experience.  Apparently, ketosis is a great way to experience fasting.  Thank you low carb diet!  For the record, I plan on fasting once a month as my religion prescribes, plus perhaps an occasional fast when someone is in need.  But I am now looking forward to it.  I also realized that I can probably skip a meal now and then without problem.  For example, when I am traveling and there isn't really anything I can eat in the morning at the hotel. This will be the case in Paris this summer.

Here are some other interesting articles and blog posts about intermittent fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment