Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eating While Traveling

Eating while traveling is a challenge.  We left the apartment at 5:30 a.m. to catch a flight from Brussels to Dublin.There is a grocery store in the Brussels airport and I bought some full fat, unflavored yogurt plus some cheese.  I also had a few almonds.  Lunch was at Burger King, where I bought a double bacon cheeseburger, but only ate the meat, cheese, and bacon, but not the bun.  Nasty, but I was hungry.  I had a few more almonds, then a beef stick I brought along.  Finally for dinner, at an Irish restaurant, I had a bowl of vegetable soup, a salad, a steak with pepper sauce, and a cheese platter for "dessert."

Tomorrow for breakfast, I am hoping for a traditional Irish breakfast of thick bacon and eggs.  We will also go to a store to get something for lunch before we get on the bus and continue the tour with the students.  Hopefully, I can find a salad or a piece of roasted chicken somewhere.  If not, it will be those beef sticks again for lunch.  Dinner will be in another restaurant, but thankfully, Irish beef is some of the best in the world and I can always eat another steak.

This convinces me that the best way to live low carb is to cook at home and eat in, like we do when we are in Antwerp or when we are back home in the states.  While eating out is much easier in Europe for a low carber, it is still not optimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment