Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Health Update

The good health news just keeps rolling in.

Diabetes: My blood sugars are mostly normal, except for high morning readings. Low carb diets actually tend to raise morning readings, so I am not too concerned about it. I am still taking Metformin, but after I lose another 40 or so pounds, I will start to wean myself off of that drug as well.

High Blood Pressure: My blood pressure is normal now, and has been for quite a while.

Sleeping:  My sleep habits have greatly improved, as I mentioned in a recent post.

Fasting: Fasting is a joy, and I am often on the road, which means I sometimes have to miss a meal.  No problem on a low carb diet.  This has greatly added to my spiritual life and I feel great when I fast.

General Health:  I have a lot more energy during the day.  I am not as tired as I used to be and I feel great. My patriarchal blessing promised me I would live to an old age, but I thought I short circuited that blessing by getting diabetes.  Now I feel so good I will probably outlive my wife and live to see the promise given in my blessing.

Thank you, Gary Taubes, for introducing me to the low carb lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment