Monday, July 4, 2011

Lunch is the Hardest Meal

For me, eating low carb has been quite easy. Once I made the decision to go low carb, I have not looked back, especially since my blood glucose levels have dramatically improved.

However, that does not mean it is easy. For me, the hardest meal of the day is lunch. I have always hated packing my lunch and that is still true today. Now, in addition to having to pack lunch, I also have to plan ahead, to make sure there is something I can take to eat. Leftovers work out the best, but if there are no leftovers, I will usually take tuna fish or something like that. I often eat hard boiled eggs, cheese, almonds, and some veggies, such as broccoli florets as well. Eating out is no longer much of an option, as all the places to eat near where I work are not low carb friendly.

When traveling abroad, lunch is much tougher. I will often take ham and cheese for lunch, but I really get tired of that after a while. However, it us usually available on the breakfast bar in the hotel, so that is what I take. When traveling domestically, especially with our RV, lunch is much easier, as I can prepare what I eat.

My preferred way of dealing with lunch is to be at home, in the kitchen, when I can cook and eat something fresh. Unfortunately, having a day job makes this tough, except for the weekends. So I resign myself to packing a lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment